Monday, June 06, 2005

Spirit is thicker than blood.

Tonight, i saw someone i didn't know. The strange thing is, i have known them for 21 years of my life. They were there the first day i came back home, they were there when i fell over, they were there when i was a pain in the ass.


They looked after me, shared with me their morals, shared with me their hopes and dreams, they dreampt of making it big, seeing the world, marrying the perfect man, raising a perfect family.

Yet this world did not let them dream too long, before it crushed their all they dreampt of. It offered them simple pleasures, it offered them independence, it offered them drugs, it offered them pleasure.

A slow step, they took away, from a god they did not know. Another step and another, and soon it began to show. They no longer dreampt, but only wept, of a life that now can not be. Stuck with a husband, that does not treat them how god wanted it to be. They go through days after days, grumbling about their lot, cursing god, and asking him what they did wrong. They still pray, every night, but to a god that does not hear "Oh god that i have ignored, that i pushed out of my life, why are you never near? Oh please oh please i need you now, i need you to sell my house."

But i already know, how it would go, if the prayer was indeed answered. Like all others that they have prayed for, they shall just brush it off. With a "oh ben, its not god, but it was me, i sold my house with all my hard work, and with these hands"

But did not god give you those hands, and make the elements that made your house? Did god not give you life with a single breath, and did not god give you the gift of two beautiful sons, that he could have taken away, like the other ones before?

My heart is heavy, i know why, because i sit here and watch my family, slowly die. How they do not know, that what they put their hope in, will all turn to dust. Why don't they know, oh why can't they see, that god loves them and whats them back?

I wish i could reach out and say, god and jesus is the way. Perhaps on my special day, god will touch there hearts, and bring back his children that turned away.
God, please help them, please help me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home